05 sep Stuffed Flank Steak Rolls With Chimichurri Sauce
Grilled flank steak stuffed with veggies and covered in a fragrant chimichurri sauce straight from South America: Now, that’s enough to get me excited about cooking outdoors! Imagine you’re an Argentinian gaucho out there on the range, looking for something to add flavor to your dinner of grilled beef. You find some cilantro growing over here, maybe a little parsley over there, a little garlic, a little oil. Mix it all up and spoon it across that grilled flank steak stuffed with fresh veggies.
Take a bite, lean back, and bid an early ”Buenos Dias” to grilling season!
- Lean flank steak, 1.5 lbs.
- Carrot, sliced, 2
- Red bell pepper, sliced, 1
- Black pepper
- Garlic cloves, 4
- Olive oil, 1/4 cup
- Bragg Liquid Aminos (or coconut aminos), 1/4 cup
- Lemon juice, 2-3 tbsp
- Parsley, 1 bunch
- Cilantro, 1 bunch
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Fire up the grill (or, if it’s still too cold, heat oven to 375 degrees F).
- Slice the flank steak in half lengthwise to make two thinner steaks and pound with a tenderizing mallet (or closed fist, if you’re into that kind of thing). Cut into 4-inch strips.
- Put the garlic cloves and olive oil in a blender and blend until smooth. Slowly add the leafy tops of the parsley and cilantro.
- Place one strip of steak on a plate, add slices of carrot and bell pepper, roll up the steak, and place it fold-down. Repeat until all steak has been used. (Use a toothpick to secure the rolls if needed.)
- Place the rolled steak on the heated grill, fold-side down. Turn once, cooking to desired degree of doneness. If cooking in an oven, sear the steak rolls in a nonstick skillet for about 1 minute to seal, then place them on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Plate the steak and serve with chimichurri sauce. (If you’re food prepping, let the meat cool before adding the sauce.)
Click Here For Printable PDF!
- Serving size: 4 oz.
- Recipe yields 6 servings
- Calories: 221
- Fat 10 g
- Carbs: 7 g
- Protein: 23 g
- Fiber 1 g